Monday, November 18, 2013

Creamy Dreamy Green Smoothie

I love my green drinks. I have never been one to stuff my face with a bunch of veggies throughout the day, so this is my way to keep up with all my body's essential nutritional needs. Green smoothies are definitely filling and delicious. I also like to use a juicer from time to time, but most days I will use my Vitamix and throw all my greens in the blender. When you blend instead of juice, you are keeping all of the fiber in the drink, which we know is good for your body. Green smoothies are a favorite for my toddlers as well. Their is something so satisfying seeing my kiddos drink one of these and asking for more, knowing what's in them.

Here's an easy go-to green smoothie recipe (I have many, this is the first I'm posting). This would be a great one to freeze in pop cycle molds as well, for your really picky eaters.



The Creamy, Dreamy Green Smoothie

Ingredients:


2 Handfuls of chopped kale
2 stalks of celery
1 cup of water
1 cup of OJ
1 pear
1 apple
2 or 3 frozen bananas
1 Tbsp of chia seed (to add more protein and omegas)

Add your water, juice, and greens and blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth. Keeps in the fridge in a sealed container for at least 48 hours. Always best to serve and drink right away. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by Arpi