Friday, November 1, 2013

Publix Weekly Trip: $86 Worth in Groceries for $19 - With Shopper Link Ups!


I hope everybody had a fun & safe Halloween! I love Halloween more now as an adult than when I was a kid! It's so much fun seeing the excitement on my son's face as he goes trick-or-treating around our neighborhood with all his friends. My daughter was just a few weeks old last year, so THIS year felt like her first Halloween. She was the cutest monkey I have ever seen. We all had a blast! 


One hand on the stroller (with my little monkey girl)
 and the other hand on my very own Spider-Man


I feel like I really had to hunt down the good deals this week. Maybe it's because I was off on vacation last week and have been out of the loop for a bit. Getting back in the game feels so good, even though it took a little more effort. Oh, but it's always worth it. This week's OOP was a little higher than I like it to be. For all of you who follow my blog, you know I like to keep my out of pocket around$5 to $10. I think if you wanted to shave it down a bit to get closer to the $10 mark, you could omit the Tostitos and certainly the Mott's fruit snacks. That would have put my total right about at my goal mark without compromising too much in savings. 

I have been loving all the great printable coupons lately. I feel like those are the bulk of my coupons given to the cashier, rather than Sunday paper coupons. I noticed many manufacturer's offer some higher value coupons to print online (to entice you to engage in social media or offset the printing costs), either way, they usually come in handy. Every Tuesday I put out a list of some of the best printables you can find. If you missed this week's list see my posting here. (yes, I realize this week's was posted Wednesday, we flew back LATE Tuesday with two little kids who didn't sleep AT ALL on the plane. Lets just say, I was maybe a little tired)

Not a huge list of freebies this week! But there's always next week as a fresh round of coupons should be out with the new month of November. Check out my Freebie Friday's: What's Free With Coupons Currently post to pick up what you can get free while you shop.


A lot of stuff, all for $19


Ok, let's get started. Here's the breakdown:

Transaction #1:

(2) General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch $3.49 - BOGO used (2) .50/1 manufacturer printable = $1.25 each


(2) Lindt Excellence Chocolate Bar $2.59 - used (2) $2/1 manufacturer printable = .59 each

(2) Right Guard XTreme Deodorant $3.75 - used $1.50/1 manufacturer coupon 10-6-13 RP and $1.50/1 Publix coupon (Health & Beauty Flyer) = .75 each

(2) Tostitos Scoops $4.99 - BOGO = $2.50 each

(4) Mueller's Pasta $1.35 - BOGO used (2) $1.00/2 manufacturer printable = .18 a box

(2) Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast $2.85 - BOGO used (2) .40/1 manufacturer coupon 9-8-13 SS = $1.03 each

(1) Publix Table cloth $2.99 - used $3/1 Tablecloth Target printable = FREE

(2) Mott's fruit snacks *$2.50 each - used (1) .60/2 manufacturer printable = $2.20 each
*expected these to be BOGO, when I checked my receipt at home, I saw these were actually '2 for $5' - wish I caught that at the register!

(1) Driscolls Red Raspberries $2.50 - used (1) $1/1 manufacturer coupon (from mail) and (1) $2/1 Fresh Produce WYB (2) Tostitos Publix Coupon (from weekly ad flyer) = FREE, plus money maker!

also used $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupon 

Total: $11.80

Tax: $1.10

Grand Total: $12.90

Savings: $40.92



Second Transaction:

(2) Honey nut Cheerios $1.99 - used (1) $1/2 Cheerios manufacturer printable = $1.50 each

(2) Yoplait Greek Yogurt $1.25 each - used (2) FREE Yoplait Greek yogurt WYB one box of Cheerios Publix coupon (from Green Flyer) = FREE!

(4) Philidelphia Cream Cheese $1.67- used (2) $1/2 manufacturer coupon (blinkie) and $1/3 Philidelphia cream cheese Publix coupon (Green flyer) = .92 each

(6) Happy Tot food pouches $1.29 - used (1) B5G1 Publix in-ad coupon and (3) $1/2 manufacturer printable = .58 each!

(2) Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces $2.00 each  - used (2) $1/1 manufacturer coupon from and $1/1 Target printable = FREE!

(1) Mentos Mixed Fruit = .89 

Total: $5.99

Tax: $.07

Grand Total: $6.06

Savings: $26.18


Total from both transactions:

Total: $18.96 OOP

Savings: $67.10

$86.06 Worth in Groceries for $18.96   78% Savings!!




How'd you do this week?Don't forget to BRAG ABOUT IT! Link up below or leave it in the comments section! 
Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by Arpi