Thursday, August 8, 2013

Publix Shopping Trip 8/8 $55 Worth in Groceries for $9!

We have moved to a new home! Come visit us at Capturing Inspirations at capturinginspirations.com!



My little boy pretty excited about his "new" Publix big rig truck I got him from Goodwill


Hello Thursday! Here we are again! I feel like this week came and went and I was left piecing together a few good deals from the Publix ad during the kids naptimes. I must say, I loved the freebies this week, especially the money maker deal on Honey Bunches of Oats. I've read a lot of conflicting blogs suggesting that you can't do this deal with the coupons. So I called over to my Publix to ask and they confirmed the coupon would work with no problems. I had them put aside a few boxes for me and I didn't have any issues at check out.

Here's the breakdown for 8/8...

All for $9!



(4) Dole Fruit Squishems $1.50 sale price - used (4) manufacturer printable and $1/1 ibotta offer = .50 each - FREE with ibotta! 

(2) Motts for Tots juice $2.50 - BOGO used (1) $1/1 manufacturer printable (I believe this one is no longer available, it was the only one I had) = $.75 each

(4) Post Honey Bunches of Oats $3.69 - BOGO used (2) $3/2 Honey Bunches of Oats Publix coupon (green flyer) and (2) $1/2 manufacturer printable = FREE plus .95 money maker!!

(1) Organic Valley milk - $3.50 sale price

(4) Earth's Best baby food $1.05 - BOGO

(2) Glad plastic wrap $1.69 - used $1/1 manufacturer printable and .75/1 Publix coupon (from green flyer) = FREE plus .12 money maker!

(2) Pepperidge Farm Wheat Bread $4.29 - BOGO

(1) Mentos mixed fruit sale price .50

Order Total: $9:13
Sales Tax: $.40
Grand Total: $9.53

Savings: $45.21

Total Worth in Groceries: $54.74 or 83% Savings! Even better with ibotta!

If you aren't too familiar with ibotta, check out my blog post on the basics of the ibotta app and what it's all about.

Also, the Christmas shopping hunt has begun. My family gets SLAMMED with birthdays right around Christmas, so I need a stockpile of fun toys to stretch our dollar and to keep up with all the shenanigans. So stay tuned for some of my great finds!

Hope you all have a great week! Comment below to share your deals!





5 comments:

  1. The Honey Bunches of Oats Publix coupon is *not* a match. It is for specific flavors not included in the BOGO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...I asked my customer service and they told me it matched! The sizes of the cereal I purchased aligned with the coupon and buy one/ get one promotion. I got the Honey Bunches of Oats Vanilla - maybe that is the only kind that works? Not sure, but I would check with your store to see! Thanks for making sure we take a close look at our coupons! It's always good to double check those things - best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Publix coupon specifies two specific flavors as well as the size. You did get the correct size, but the Vanilla is not one of the flavors specified. It specifies Honey Roasted or Almond. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it specifically states on the coupon its for the almond or the honey......the sizes on those are not a match.....the size of the vanilla yes however its not included on the coupon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by Arpi