Thursday, September 26, 2013

Publix Shopping Trip 9/26 $89 Worth in Groceries for $4 - With Shopper Link Ups!



This blog has moved to a new home!! Come visit us at Capturing Inspirations at capturinginspirations.com!



I am happy to report that today's Publix shopping trip was very successful. I felt obligated to make it up to you on this week's run, since my last one was hardly exciting. And I certainly write to bring value, not to waste your time!

If you are unfamiliar with my weekly shopping post, here are the basics about it. I like to try to spend around $10 max and get the most possible for my money. What began as a game amongst friends turned into this blog! You can thank some very persistent people for encouraging me to share my tactics.

For those that don't know, the new Publix ads starts on Thursday here in my neck of the woods (Florida - the land of "no-doubling"...scratching your head on what they means? see my post "Couponing in Florida") and I try to break down how I did it and get the information out to you asap so you can plan your trip. Even though the focus is on shopping at Publix and specific sales at that store, many of these deals can be accomplished at your local store, or especially Target and Walmart. Of course it depends on the deal, but with a little practice you'll figure out how it works for your benefit.

LOTS of fresh fruit and vegetables on this trip! I love it when we can get fresh produce for free or pennies to the dollar. I have growing kids that need healthy things to eat!

Special cookie time for my kiddos for being good shoppers today!


On a deeper note, we are turning the corner into the holiday season -well, sort of, getting closer anyway- and I am putting the pressure on myself to be extra coupon savvy. I want to make a generous donation of goods to a local charity or charities in need this season. My kids are still so little, but not too little to begin forming habits of giving. I'm personally not a big stockpiling person, however, I do have many boxes of pasta that I want to hang on to and waaaaay too much shaving cream that I'm excited to not have to buy for my husband for a year. (Okay. That was my confession.) So I am putting together extras of things I pick up on my weekly trips. I might typically only buy 4 of something, for example, but if I can get it for practically nothing then I will pick up two more to keep for my donating stockpile. Very simple.

Will you join me? Think about it seriously. I would love for those who do donate to make recommendations for us newbies in the comments below. If you don't donate some items from your amazing deals, please understand I'm not guilt tripping you! It's a very personal choice! But if you are beginning to get motivated to do so I encourage you to share with us. Talk about inspiring one another!

I want to remind you that I've set up a Facebook page for our frugal and inspirational community. You can find it at www.Facebook/capturinginspirationsblog. It's a great way to stay connected and up with the happenings 'round here. I'd love for your to join our page, give it a thumbs up and participate in our growing group! You can also subscribe by adding your email to the "Follow Me" on the sidebar. You guys are awesome and I am thankful for your support!

*On a very happy note, I went back for 'round two' at Publix this afternoon to snag some other great deals I missed. Today's whopping total is $223 for $29. So, be sure to check out the rest here!


Here's the breakdown for this week's trip: (from this morning)

Transaction #1:

(2) Hungry Jack syrup  $3.69 - used (2) $2/2 Hungry Jack products Publix coupon (from green flyer) = $1.69 each (plus FREE pancake mix!)

(2) Hungry Jack pancake mix - $2.49 = FREE with manufacturer coupon hangtag!

(2) Glade Plugin Refills $5.49 - BOGO used (2) $1/1 manufacturer coupon 9-15-13 SS or RP or use $1/1 Glade manufacturer printable and used (2) $2/1 Glade Plugin Publix coupon from Health & Beauty flyer = FREE, plus money maker!

(2) Marzetti Dressing $3.69 - BOGO used (2) $1/1 manufacturer printable = .85 each!

(4) Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Dressing $3.45 - BOGO used (4) $1/1 manufacturer coupon 7-28-13 SS = .73 each!

(2) Greenwise Organic baby carrots $2.19 each - used (2) $1.50 off Produce manufacturer printable WYB Hidden Valley Farmhouse Dressing = .69 each!

(1) bunch of bananas .69 lb $1.41 used (1) $1.50 off Produce manufacturer printable WYB Hidden Valley Farmhouse Dressing = FREE, plus money maker!

Also used $5/$30 Winn Dixie

Order Total: $3.75

Sales Tax: $.39

Grand Total: $4.14

Savings: $46.56


Transaction #2

(2) Tropicana Farmstand juice $6/2 sale price - used (1) $1.50/1 manufacturer coupon = $2.25 each (there is also a .50/1 ibotta offer for Tropicana, making it an even better deal!)

(2) Watermelon chunks $3.42 and $3.02 - BOGO (got $3.02 free) used (2) $3/1 Fresh Fruit chunks WYB Tropicana Farmstand juice Publix coupon from green flyer = FREE, plus money maker!

(3) Pampers natural baby wipes $2.99 each - used (3) .50/1 manufacture printable and (3) $2/1 Pampers item Publix coupon (from Stocking Spree sheets currently in stores) = .50 each!

(2) Edge Shave Prep $1.99 sale price - used (1) Edge Shave prep BOGO manufacture printable and (2) $1/1 Edge Shave Prep Target printable = FREE! 

(4) Barilla Pasta $1.39 - BOGO used (2) $1/2 manufacturer printable and (2) .55/2 Publix coupon (from Publix green flyer) = FREE, plus money maker!

(1) B6 Sundown Vitamins $3.59 - used (1) $1/1 manufacturer printable and (1) $3/1 Sundown 120 ct. Publix coupon from Health & Beauty purple flyer = FREE, plus money maker!

Also used (1) $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupon

Order Total: -.55

Sales Tax: .90

Grand Total: $.35

Savings: $38.21

Total from BOTH transactions:

Grand Total: $4.49

Savings Total: $84.77

$89.26 Worth in Groceries for $4.49   95% Savings!!!




How did you do this week? Share your favorite deals and savings below by linking up - or in the comments! Have a lovely weekend & enjoy those savings!

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for donating however, when items are purchased for this reason on the first day of the sale....just because they are free, it takes away a product that some of us **THAT ACTUALLY WISH TO PURCHASE AND USE** do not have access to. It is truly disparaging to walk into the store hoping to get something you have waited for to go on sale, only to find the shelves wiped out!!! It would be nice if everyone waited to purchase donations, toward the end of the sale. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good point! I know that feeling of going into the store and the product is completely gone - it can be rather frustrating. It's something for everyone to keep in mind when they shop for these deals. Thank you for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by Arpi