Saturday, July 13, 2013

DIY Honey Cinnamon Facial

I have been gathering ingredients for a few Pinterest recipes to try this weekend. I have a feeling that these are going to be a home run. Strawberry mojitos, Watermelon-lime slushies, Tuscan pasta, how can these NOT be a hit out of the park? I will let you know.

The first pin I was able to check off my list  is one I tried out the other night. It was a recipe, only not one to eat. It was strictly for beautification purposes. It is a DIY facial.

After a busy day with the kids, nothing beats some relaxation time in the evening. I thought I would try out my first pin from the Pinterest Challenge and give it a go.

Here's the pin from my "Spa at Home" board...

Honey Cinnamon Facial 

This is a simple DIY facial mask that uses things you can find in your own pantry.


Ingredients for the facial: Honey, cinnamon, nutmeg





Before I continue I must note that if you have sensitive skin this will most likely be too intense of a facial for you. ALWAYS do a patch test to make sure your skin doesn't have any allergic reactions or flair ups from the ingredients. If the patch test turns up with no problems, your skin will really benefit from this facial!

1 Tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg

Mix together ingredients in a bowl and apply it all over your face with your fingertips. I wouldn't recommend tasting it (now that I've peaked your curiosity, I'm sure you are going to want to try). I did almost immediately and the spices are rather strong so it didn't taste too splendid to me.

Here's a very important piece of advice, keep this mixture away from your hair. Honey and hair do not mix! Secure any flyaways before you start smearing this stuff all over your face, or else you'll end up in a sticky mess. I speak from experience. Which reminds me, this mixture doesn't dry, so once it's on your face let it be! I kept checking it and got honey stuck on my fingers each time.

I read that cinnamon brings blood circulation to your skin. Which makes sense since I  noticed that my skin started to tingle after about 10 minutes. The spices work really well to exfoliate your skin after removing the mask with a damp wash cloth. It does take a bit of scrubbing to come off, but I appreciate buffing my skin to keep it soft and smooth.

I am definitely renaming this facial the DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte facial because the smell instantly took me into Starbucks bliss. It smelled SO similar to my all-time favorite hot espresso drink, the Pumpkin Spice latte.


How are YOU doing with your personal Pinterest Challenge ? Remember to comment below and let me know if you've tried anything you love yet. Try to copy the link to the site and paste it in your comment so we can all check it out! Have a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header Image by Arpi